COVID-19 Workforce Administration Reference Materials
We are all doing our best to adjust to quickly-changing guidelines and information. There is a lot coming at all of us in this difficult moment, and lots of stress on many levels -- organizationally and personally. ArtsPool is working to gather and understand information on a variety of topics, including the many changing guidelines impacting workforce administration in the midst of COVID-19.
This page will be updated regularly, as we get new information, and also as we learn more about practical application of these new guidelines.
If you have questions, or resources to share, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid leave and other workplace impact
- Federal Department of Labor (Wage & Hour Division) COVID-19 Info
This page provides information, FAQs, and required employee notices for impact of COVID-19 on the workplace
- New York State COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Fact Sheet for Employers
This is a fact sheet for employERs navigating COVID-19 paid leave impact.
- New York State COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave for Employees
This is a fact sheet that should be distributed to employEEs.
- New York State COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Website
This site has more context and complete information from NYS regarding COVID-19 paid leave.
Pay Changes, Layoffs, furloughs, and unemployment
- Society for Human Resources Management Sample Notice of Pay Reduction to All Employees
This page has sample language and resources for providing notice to employees of pay reductions.
- Society for Human Resources Management Sample Notice of Temporary Layoff or Furlough Due to Coronavirus
This page has sample language and resources for providing notice to employees of temporary layoff of furlough due to COVID-19
- New York State Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance COVID-19 FAQ
This page contains information and updates relating to CARES Act and COVID-19-related changes.
- New York State Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance Claims Info
This page provides general information about claims processing, and also includes some notes and context for COVID-19.
- New York Shared Work Program
This page provides general information about NY's Shared Work Program, which "lets you keep trained staff and avoid layoffs. Employees can receive partial Unemployment Insurance benefits while working reduced hours. Full-time, part-time and seasonal employees are eligible." There's also an FAQ page, and you an contact the office of this program directly at email@example.com, 518-549-0496,or 518-457-2635.
- Society for Human Resources Management Information on Special Open Enrollment
This article provides guidance and considerations about special open enrollment, as well as Section 125 (pre-tax deduction) plans.
General regulatory and legal information
- Lawyers Alliance for New York Coronavirus Information Page
This site provides (on an updated basis) specific legal alerts and information for nonprofits in New York
- NY State COVID-19 Updates Page
- NY City COVID-19 Updates Page