Setting up a Google account
ArtsPool uses Google Drive and Google Docs for document management and collaborative editing, and we often share documents with our members so that we can work on them together in real time. We also offer remote access to all of our meetings via Google Hangouts, so it's very useful to have a Google account when working with us.
If your organization already uses Google Apps for email, document storage, etc, you are already good to go and don't need to set anything up. If your organization does not use Google Apps, just follow the steps in the Google Help Center article below to create an account.
Create a Google Account
- Visit the Google Account sign up page.
- Enter your first and last name in the respective fields.
- Click the link that reads Use my current email address instead and enter your work email in the field.
- Enter a unique password in the appropriate field and confirm it. Be sure to save your password somewhere (preferably a password manager!
- Enter the verification code that is sent to your email address and click Verify.
- Follow the prompts to complete the account creation process.
You're all set! Now you can easily share and collaborate on documents with ArtsPool.
Converting your organization to Google Apps
If you are interested in using Google to power your organization's email, calendaring, or document management, you can get free access to the entire Google Apps suite via the Google for Nonprofits program. To learn more, visit G Suite for Nonprofits.