Becoming a member
Guide for members
What ArtsPool does
What ArtsPool does: an overview
Financial Maintenance services
Financial Operations services
Workforce Administration services
Requesting changes to ArtsPool's scope of services
ArtsPool: an introduction
Training quick links
Requesting work from ArtsPool
Suggested titles, descriptions, and content for tasks
How member bills are calculated
Requesting digital signature processing for a document
Share important events or deadlines with ArtsPool's calendar
Membership communication guide
New hire onboarding
Submitting a new hire task in the ArtsPool app
Guidance on creating offer letters
Employee benefits data management
Upload Proof of Vaccination
Employee Payroll Setup: A to Z Guide
Paying Employees and Approving Payroll
Processing per diem
ArtsPool Retirement Plan
Revenue and expenses
Managing petty cash
How to submit receipts to ArtsPool
Submitting bank deposits
How to code expenses and respond to clarification requests
Requesting payment for a bill
Xero-compatible check stock
Grants and contributions
Managing your NY State Grants Gateway prequalification
Requesting a grant budget or financial report
General BeyondPay training
Updating your BeyondPay password
Homescreen: Understanding My Personal Info
Changing your name with ArtsPool
Homescreen: Understanding My Actions
Homescreen: Understanding My Forms
BeyondPay training for employees
BeyondPay training for payroll admin
Accessing reports in BeyondPay
Unlocking employee accounts in BeyondPay
Verifying I-9 Forms
Approving timesheets in BeyondPay
Understanding payroll and BeyondPay
BeyondPay: approve time entries
Homescreen: Understanding Employee Management
Submitting and approving employee time off requests
Uploading and downloading an employee document in BeyondPay
Payroll FAQs - a troubleshooting guide
Downloading Pay Statements
Submit time off request in the ArtsPool app
BeyondPay mobile app
Download W2 from payroll
Paying independent contractors
Providing annual sexual harassment prevention training and materials
Understanding conflict of interest disclosures
Board actions for New York nonprofits
Funding and vendor portals supported by ArtsPool
Understanding corporate policies
Fiscal control stopgaps: what NOT to do
COVID-19 Workforce Administration Reference Materials
The ArtsPool app
Managing your ArtsPool app user account
Getting started with tasks
Working with your task list
Searching for tasks
Commenting on a task
Adding a document to a task
Adding people to tasks
Member pages in the ArtsPool app
Tasks and privacy
Setting up a Google account
Google Drive tips and tricks
Syncing Google Drive files to your desktop
Exporting a Google Sheet to PDF
Getting started with Google Sheets
Migrating data between Google Apps accounts
Email like a champ with Gmail keyboard shortcuts
Submit tasks at lightning speed with email templates
Creating a Gmail filter
Adding a forwarding address to Gmail
Data security guide for members
Security on macOS
Data Security Policy
1Password account setup
1Password account management
Importing passwords into 1Password
Additional 1Password accounts for members
Other technology resources
Working with documents
Governance and other goodies
Summary of changes to Terms of Service
What's changed: 2020 ArtsPool Service Agreement Update Summary
What's changed: 2024 Terms of Service Update Summary
Terms of Service
Dispute and Indemnity Summary
Annex A: Pricing and Billing
Annex B: Member Service Contact List
Annex C: Member Services List
Annex D: Onboarding Procedures
Annex G: Data Security Policy
Annex H: Limitations of Liability and Indemnification
Annex I: Dispute Resolution
Annex J: Improvement Process for Members not in Good Standing
Annex M: General Legal Provisions
Annex K: Termination Provisions
Annex L: Offboarding Procedures
Annex N: Defined Terms
External partners and vendors
Guidelines for a Successful ArtsPool-Auditor Partnership
Selection of vendors, consultants, software, and tools
How to choose software
Professional development resources
Updated by Max Dana
ArtsPool is built on a partnership and clear communication between members and staff. To be a member in good standing that is supporting this partnership means that, in general, you are responsive and communicative with ArtsPool staff and you are following your own corporate policies and ArtsPool’s procedures, as well as applicable laws.
More specifically, members in good standing:
- Treat ArtsPool employees and fellow members with respect. We are committed to investigating any allegation of abuse or misconduct regarding racism, harassment, abuse, or unethical behavior of any kind, and reports of this behavior will be immediately escalated to ArtsPool's management personnel per our Improvement Process for Members not in Good Standing.
- Submit requests (for payments, deposits, etc.) that include complete information.
- Do not make payments (or request that ArtsPool make payments) that would put your ledger bank balance below $0.00.
- Limit the amount of paper checks or other payments being made outside of ArtsPool’s payment system and provide quick and complete backup for such transactions. Examples of exceptions that ArtsPool will work with you to solve alternative to our typical system include:
- Working with youth or other populations who do not have bank access.
- True emergency situations (few and far between).
- Unforeseen after-hours required payments.
- Provide documentation backup as quickly as possible, generally within two weeks, at latest within one month of the transaction.
- Ensure that creditor-approved repayment plans are in place and followed relative to outstanding debt or other liabilities that are outside of a regular operating nature.
- Understand your budget and use it as a planning tool, by participating with ArtsPool staff in budget planning and maintenance, communicating significant changes in advance or as quickly as possible, and securing appropriate Board approvals, with confirmation minutes provided to ArtsPool.
- Provide ArtsPool-generated financial reports to your board minimally on an annual basis. Better yet: send them ArtsPool-generated quarterly reports.
- Provide at least one month’s advance warning for grant budgets and reports, so that ArtsPool can work with you to prepare these materials. In rare situations of unforeseen opportunity, ArtsPool staff will assist on shorter-term notice, as time permits.
- Participate in a timely fashion with your audit, partnering with ArtsPool as necessary to retrieve information/documentation, and completing your audit with a maximum of one extension.
- Manage your staff in working with ArtsPool’s online workforce systems, and ensure that staff submit proper employment forms through those systems.
- Reviews employee I-9 documentation and confirm review in online system.
- Do not pay (or ask ArtsPool to pay) any worker who does not have paperwork in place.
- Do not delay (or ask ArtsPool to delay) any mandatory payments or filings to regulatory agencies.
- Communicate to ArtsPool any information received from insurance providers and regulatory authorities; review and authorize various insurance audits, reports, policies, etc., as required.
- Obtain Board approvals on employee handbook and corporate policies, and provide the Board-approved versions to ArtsPool on an updated basis.
- Follow fair and equitable labor practices in hiring, terminations, and workforce compliance.
These community guidelines are crucial to ArtsPool’s success as a cooperative endeavor. Members who operate outside of these good standing practices will be informed of their status as falling from good standing. Consistent operations outside of ArtsPool’s good standing is grounds for removal from ArtsPool in accordance with the Improvement Process for Members Not in Good Standing.