Becoming a member
Guide for members
What ArtsPool does
What ArtsPool does: an overview
Workforce Administration services
Compliance and other services
Requesting changes to ArtsPool's scope of services
ArtsPool: an introduction
Training quick links
Requesting work from ArtsPool
Suggested titles, descriptions, and content for tasks
How member bills are calculated
Requesting digital signature processing for a document
Share important events or deadlines with ArtsPool's calendar
Membership communication guide
New hire onboarding
Submitting a new hire task in the ArtsPool app
Guidance on creating offer letters
Employee benefits data management
Upload Proof of Vaccination
Submit I-9 document in BeyondPay
Edit My Profile in BeyondPay
Submitting direct deposit info in BeyondPay
Submitting Form I-9 in BeyondPay
Submitting W4 and state withholding forms in BeyondPay
Employee Payroll Setup: A to Z Guide
Revenue and expenses
Managing petty cash
How to submit receipts to ArtsPool
Submitting bank deposits
How to code expenses and respond to clarification requests
Requesting payment for a bill
Xero-compatible check stock
Grants and contributions
Managing your NY State Grants Gateway prequalification
Requesting a grant budget or financial report
General BeyondPay training
Updating your BeyondPay password
Homescreen: Understanding My Personal Info
Changing your name with ArtsPool
Homescreen: Understanding My Actions
Homescreen: Understanding My Forms
BeyondPay training for employees
BeyondPay training for payroll admin
Accessing reports in BeyondPay
Unlocking employee accounts in BeyondPay
Verifying I-9 Forms
Approving timesheets in BeyondPay
Understanding payroll and BeyondPay
Homescreen: Understanding Employee Management
Submitting and approving employee time off requests
Uploading and downloading an employee document in BeyondPay
Payroll FAQs - a troubleshooting guide
Submit time off request in the ArtsPool app
BeyondPay mobile app
Download W2 from payroll
Paying independent contractors
Start Here: Compliance Office Hours
Compliance Toolkit basics
Providing annual sexual harassment prevention training and materials
Understanding conflict of interest disclosures
Board actions for New York nonprofits
Funding and vendor portals supported by ArtsPool
Understanding corporate policies
Fiscal control stopgaps: what NOT to do
Compliance Office Hours
COVID-19 Workforce Administration Reference Materials
The ArtsPool app
Getting started with tasks
Working with your task list
Searching for tasks
Commenting on a task
Adding a document to a task
Adding people to tasks
Member pages in the ArtsPool app
Tasks and privacy
Setting up a Google account
Google Drive tips and tricks
Syncing Google Drive files to your desktop
Exporting a Google Sheet to PDF
Getting started with Google Sheets
Migrating data between Google Apps accounts
Email like a champ with Gmail keyboard shortcuts
Submit tasks at lightning speed with email templates
Creating a Gmail filter
Adding a forwarding address to Gmail
Data security guide for members
Security on macOS
Data Security Policy
1Password account setup
1Password account management
Importing passwords into 1Password
Other technology resources
Working with documents
Governance and other goodies
External partners and vendors
Selection of vendors, consultants, software, and tools
How to choose software
Terms of Service
What's changed: 2020 ArtsPool Service Agreement Update Summary
Dispute and Indemnity Summary
Annex A: Pricing and Billing
Annex B: Member Service Contact List
Annex C: Member Services List
Annex D: Onboarding Procedures
Annex G: Data Security Policy
Annex H: Limitations of Liability and Indemnification
Annex I: Dispute Resolution
Annex J: Improvement Process for Members not in Good Standing
Annex M: General Legal Provisions
Annex K: Termination Provisions
Annex L: Offboarding Procedures
Annex N: Defined Terms
Professional development resources
Table of Contents
Updated by Dallas Estes
How to change your name in ArtsPool systems.
Change in preferred name
If you or another person have a change to your name, please contact your Workforce Administrator and let them know.
Systems ArtsPool will update
ArtsPool will handle updating your name in certain ArtsPool systems, including:
- Communicating the change to your ArtsPool service team.
- Google Contacts. Each person at ArtsPool will change the name in their Google contacts to ensure that the old name does not appear in autocomplete.
- BeyondPay. See the Change in legal name section below.
- ArtsPool app. Due to system limitations, these changes need to be made by ArtsPool's Technology Team. In the future you will be able to make the change directly.
- Mailchimp. We will update the name on the ArtsPool Staff and Members list.
For ArtsPool employees, we will also update all internal systems and documents based on our employee onboarding checklist.
Systems you should update
The following systems either allow or require you to make name and email updates yourself. Note: not every member employee has accounts in these systems. If you are uncertain whether you have an account in these systems, ask your ArtsPool Workforce Administrator.
- Compliance Toolkit. This requires an email confirmation step as well as your current password. To get started, click your name in the top right and select My settings.
- The ArtsPool Cabana on Slack. You can change your email via your Slack settings. To change your name, click on Profile (you will be redirected to the desktop app if you are using it).
- Xero. To update your name in Xero, click on your user avatar on the top right and select Edit profile. To update your email, select Account.
Once these changes have been made, please keep us posted if there is continued use of a previous name, and we will correct it.
Change in legal name
If you or another person have a change to your legal name, please follow the below steps to update your name in the payroll system. Please note that updated I-9 documents will be needed before the change is able to be made in the payroll system.
- Alert your Workforce Administrator to the change by creating a task in the app. Let us know whether the legal change also reflects a change in preferred name.In the app, select New Task > Other Work > Category: Workforce
- Wait for the workforce administrator to confirm that the name change has been implemented in payroll. Then, confirm your name:
- Log into BeyondPay
- Check the top-left corner - is your name correct? If the change is not yet reflected in the payroll system, please follow up with your workforce administrator.
- Submit a new I-9 form via the following navigation:
- My Forms > Form I9s > Add New > Create I9
- To complete the form, enter updated information on pages 1 and 2. Enter NA if a required field is not applicable.
- Take note of which documents you will need to upload in order for your employer to complete I9 verification.See the USCIS website for information on Form I-9 documents - either 1 document from List A, or 1 document each from List B and List C.
- Submit I-9
- If your documents will be verified electronically, upload new I9 documents
- My Personal Info > My Documents > Add
- Finally, submit new federal and state withholding forms via the following navigation:
- My Forms > Form W4s/State Withholding >Add New
- Add a new federal form and a new state form (or state exemption form, as appropriate). To review your prior withholding form selections, you can click the pencil icon on the far left side prior to selecting Add New.
- Adding a new form will replace previous forms; no other action is needed. Make sure you Submit Withholding Form and don't just save.
- Following the update of your name in the payroll system, keep an eye out for further communication from your workforce administrator regarding updates to 401k or other benefits.