Becoming a member
Guide for members
What ArtsPool does
What ArtsPool does: an overview
Workforce Administration services
Compliance and other services
Requesting changes to ArtsPool's scope of services
ArtsPool: an introduction
Training quick links
Requesting work from ArtsPool
Suggested titles, descriptions, and content for tasks
How member bills are calculated
Requesting digital signature processing for a document
Share important events or deadlines with ArtsPool's calendar
Membership communication guide
New hire onboarding
Submitting a new hire task in the ArtsPool app
Guidance on creating offer letters
Employee benefits data management
Upload Proof of Vaccination
Submit I-9 document in BeyondPay
Edit My Profile in BeyondPay
Submitting direct deposit info in BeyondPay
Submitting Form I-9 in BeyondPay
Submitting W4 and state withholding forms in BeyondPay
Employee Payroll Setup: A to Z Guide
Revenue and expenses
Managing petty cash
How to submit receipts to ArtsPool
Submitting bank deposits
How to code expenses and respond to clarification requests
Requesting payment for a bill
Xero-compatible check stock
Grants and contributions
Managing your NY State Grants Gateway prequalification
Requesting a grant budget or financial report
General BeyondPay training
Updating your BeyondPay password
Homescreen: Understanding My Personal Info
Changing your name with ArtsPool
Homescreen: Understanding My Actions
Homescreen: Understanding My Forms
BeyondPay training for employees
BeyondPay training for payroll admin
Accessing reports in BeyondPay
Unlocking employee accounts in BeyondPay
Verifying I-9 Forms
Approving timesheets in BeyondPay
Understanding payroll and BeyondPay
Homescreen: Understanding Employee Management
Submitting and approving employee time off requests
Uploading and downloading an employee document in BeyondPay
Payroll FAQs - a troubleshooting guide
Submit time off request in the ArtsPool app
BeyondPay mobile app
Download W2 from payroll
Paying independent contractors
Start Here: Compliance Office Hours
Compliance Toolkit basics
Providing annual sexual harassment prevention training and materials
Understanding conflict of interest disclosures
Board actions for New York nonprofits
Funding and vendor portals supported by ArtsPool
Understanding corporate policies
Fiscal control stopgaps: what NOT to do
Compliance Office Hours
COVID-19 Workforce Administration Reference Materials
The ArtsPool app
Getting started with tasks
Working with your task list
Searching for tasks
Commenting on a task
Adding a document to a task
Adding people to tasks
Member pages in the ArtsPool app
Tasks and privacy
Setting up a Google account
Google Drive tips and tricks
Syncing Google Drive files to your desktop
Exporting a Google Sheet to PDF
Getting started with Google Sheets
Migrating data between Google Apps accounts
Email like a champ with Gmail keyboard shortcuts
Submit tasks at lightning speed with email templates
Creating a Gmail filter
Adding a forwarding address to Gmail
Data security guide for members
Security on macOS
Data Security Policy
1Password account setup
1Password account management
Importing passwords into 1Password
Other technology resources
Working with documents
Governance and other goodies
External partners and vendors
Selection of vendors, consultants, software, and tools
How to choose software
Terms of Service
What's changed: 2020 ArtsPool Service Agreement Update Summary
Dispute and Indemnity Summary
Annex A: Pricing and Billing
Annex B: Member Service Contact List
Annex C: Member Services List
Annex D: Onboarding Procedures
Annex G: Data Security Policy
Annex H: Limitations of Liability and Indemnification
Annex I: Dispute Resolution
Annex J: Improvement Process for Members not in Good Standing
Annex M: General Legal Provisions
Annex K: Termination Provisions
Annex L: Offboarding Procedures
Annex N: Defined Terms
Professional development resources
ArtsPool Operations Manual
Table of Contents
Updated by Sarah Maxfield
In order to start the onboarding process for your new employee, fill out the new hire form in the ArtsPool app. This form can be found by logging into the ArtsPool app, selecting the blue New Task button in the upper right part of your screen, and then selecting Hire an employee.
You can bookmark this form using the link https://app.artspool.co/employees/new.
The new hire form will ask you to fill out all the information ArtsPool needs to start onboarding your new employee.
- Employee first name: Enter the employee’s legal first name.
- Employee last name: Enter the employee’s legal last name.
- Employee email: If you have set up the employee’s company email, enter that. Otherwise, use their personal email.
- Title: What will this employee’s role be at your company?
- Start Date: When will the employee’s first day of work be? If you are not sure, enter your best estimate and leave a comment in the Notes field.
- Employment Basis: Is the employee a full-time or part-time worker?
- Compensation Type: The time basis for the rate of pay for the employee. If the employee is being paid a flat fee for an indeterminate period of work, select Flat Fee. If the employee has multiple rates, please indicate any additional rates in the Notes field and be sure to include both the compensation type (hourly, weekly, etc) and the compensation amount.
- Compensation: How much will the employee make based on the compensation type you selected, e.g. $60,000 annually, $30 per hour, etc.?
- Manager name: Who will this person report to? If the employee is an Executive Director or does not have a direct supervisor, enter Board or None.
- Benefits: List any benefits that will need to be set up for this employee, e.g. transit, health, retirement, etc. Please be as specific as possible.
- Notes: Use this field to add any other information that you need to tell us about the employee, e.g. multiple rates, visa considerations, etc. Please be as specific as possible. If you don’t have any other information to add, you can leave this blank.
If there are documents related to your new hire, add them in the Documents section. To add a document, drag and drop one or more files from your computer, paste files from your clipboard, or click the browse link to open the file picker. There is also a webcam option, which is handy if you are creating a task from your phone and want to take a picture of a document with your phone's camera while creating a task.
A Note on offer letters
If you would like ArtsPool to process an offer letter for digital signature through DocuSign, add the unsigned version of the letter to the form or upload it to the task, and alert ArtsPool in the Notes field of the form or by commenting on the resulting task. If the offer letter is already been completed, please upload the fully executed letter when submitting the new hire form.
A Note on Remote Work
If the new employee you're hiring is located out-of-state, there will be additional considerations for their payroll, taxation, and wage & labor coverages. Some employees temporarily located out-of-state due to Covid-19, or who work part-time in the office and part-time from home, may require no additional considerations, though this varies case-by-case. Employees who permanently and exclusively work out-of-state will likely need additional setup, including but not limited to:
- Registration for authority to operate in the remote state
- Registration with the tax department (including Unemployment Insurance) in the remote state
- Worker's Comp and Disability coverage in the remote state (requirements vary by state)
- Implementation of any state and local wage and labor regulations
Please note that registration with out-of-state authorities and insurance brokers are member responsibilities. Given the complex nature of interstate labor and taxation laws, we recommend consulting a labor lawyer or an accountant regarding considerations of hiring employees in remote states. Always keep in touch with your Workforce Administration Lead, and we'll be happy to assist you regarding this process.
Submitting the form
Once you have filled out the new hire form, submit the form by selecting the blue Submit button. If your submission is successful, you’ll see a blue bar appear at the top of screen letting you know the new hire form was submitted and assigned to your Workforce team member.
The new employee will then receive an email through the payroll system (BeyondPay), requesting required information for payroll processing, tax reporting, etc. Let them know to expect this email and fill out the information in a timely manner. Once the employee has entered their information, their manager/supervisor/authorized person will receive an email from BeyondPay asking you to verify the employee's I-9 Form through the BeyondPay site. In order to do this, you will need to inspect originals of certain of the employee's ID forms. See the instructions in this Verifying W-4 and I-9 Forms article.