Adding a document to a task
You can add documents to any task in the ArtsPool app if you need to share them with the task team. We often move some of these documents to Google Drive or Xero (our accounting system) for permanent safe keeping, but the app is the best place to provide them to us initially so that we can see them in the context of the work at hand. You can add documents in two ways: by uploading them directly to a task in your browser, or by responding to an email notification with a document attached.
Uploading a document directly to a task
Follow the steps below to upload a document directly to a task from your desktop or mobile web browser.
- Log into the ArtsPool app at http://app.artspool.co.
- Locate the task to which you want to add a document (either by navigating your list of open or completed tasks or by searching).
- Click on the task name.
- Click on the Documents tab.
- Drag and drop one or more files from your computer, paste files from your clipboard, or click the browse link to open the file picker. There is also a webcam option, which is handy if you are working from your phone and want to take a picture of a document with your phone's camera.
- If you need to add more files after adding the initial files, click + More.
- Click Upload.
Once a document has been uploaded, it will live on the task's document list on the Documents tab.
Notes on uploading
- Task team members don't receive notifications when a document is uploaded to an existing task, so please leave us a comment if you want to let us know.
- Upload the wrong file? Just let us know and we can remove it for you.
- If a document is very large it may "time out" while uploading. If you are unable to resize the document, just let us know via a comment and we will send you a link to a Google Drive folder where you can upload the file.
Adding a document via email
You can reply to any email notification related to a particular task with a document (or documents) and the document will be automatically uploaded to that task. How do you know if an email notification is connected to a task? If the subject line of the email begins with [ArtsPool #XXXXXX] where XXXXXX is a number, then that email is connected to task #XXXXXX (most emails like this will also include links to this task).
Selecting the document quality
When submitting image-based documents via email from a mobile device (e.g. a photo of a receipt), select medium quality if your device gives you the option to select a file size. This will keep the file size manageable while also maintaining the legibility of the document.