How to Code Expenses and Clarification Requests
This is based on your organization's chart of accounts and Program and Activity tracking. For clarity on sending in receipts and further coding tips check out Suggested Titles, Descriptions, and Content for App Tasks or How To Submit Receipts in the App.
When ArtsPool asks for "coding" we are referring to the a few aspects of coding. Please send us the following:
- The account code: this is the type of expense (i.e. transportation, costume expense, catering & hospitality, etc.)
- The program code: this is what the expense was purchased for (i.e. Fundraising, General Operations, Workshop, etc.)
- The activity if applicable: this is specific to the way your organization chooses to track expenses (i.e. the Nutcracker or Summer Camp 2019)
If you are unsure of your organization's current chart of accounts or program tracking, please contact ArtsPool for an updated list. *Helpful Alternative Hint* when you submit coding, simply include the what and the why, because often your Financial Operations Lead can decipher how to code from that information!
ArtsPool will do our best to code your expenses accurately. However, if we need more information, we will send you a request for coding clarification through the ArtsPool app. When you receive a clarification request, just:
- Click the link in the email
- Login to the ArtsPool app
- Click the Resolve button on the request.
- This will launch a form that will allow you to update the account code and program for the transaction based on your organization's chart of accounts.
**Please note that you will have to submit activity coding in the comment section of the task as activity is not currently a drop down menu (although we are looking to add this in the future).**
If an account code or program is missing or if the transaction needs to be split across multiple accounts/programs, just leave us a comment in the comments section of the task. Your organization will also have the opportunity to adjust account codes and program tracking categories as necessary during any monthly budget update or approval process.