Becoming a member
Guide for members
What ArtsPool does
What ArtsPool does: an overview
Workforce Administration services
Compliance and other services
Requesting changes to ArtsPool's scope of services
ArtsPool: an introduction
Requesting work from ArtsPool
Suggested titles, descriptions, and content for tasks
How member bills are calculated
Requesting digital signature processing for a document
Share important events or deadlines with ArtsPool's calendar
Training quick links
Membership communication guide
New hire onboarding
Submitting a new hire task in the ArtsPool app
Guidance on creating offer letters
Employee benefits data management
Submit I-9 document in BeyondPay
Edit My Profile in BeyondPay
Submitting direct deposit info in BeyondPay
Submitting I-9 in BeyondPay
Submitting W4 and state withholding forms in BeyondPay
Employee Payroll Setup: A to Z Guide
Revenue and expenses
Managing petty cash
How to submit receipts to ArtsPool
Submitting bank deposits
How to code expenses and respond to clarification requests
Requesting payment for a bill
Xero-compatible check stock
Grants and contributions
Managing your NY State Grants Gateway prequalification
Requesting a grant budget or financial report
General BeyondPay training
Updating your BeyondPay password
Homescreen: Understanding My Personal Info
Changing your name with ArtsPool
Homescreen: Understanding My Actions
Homescreen: Understanding My Forms
BeyondPay training for employees
BeyondPay training for payroll admin
Accessing reports in BeyondPay
Unlocking employee accounts in BeyondPay
Verifying I-9 Forms
Approving timesheets in BeyondPay
Understanding payroll and BeyondPay
Homescreen: Understanding Employee Management
Submitting and approving employee time off requests
Payroll FAQs - a troubleshooting guide
Submit time off request in the ArtsPool app
BeyondPay mobile app
Download W2 from payroll
Paying independent contractors
Start Here: Compliance Office Hours
Compliance Toolkit basics
Providing annual sexual harassment prevention training and materials
Understanding conflict of interest disclosures
Board actions for New York nonprofits
Funding and vendor portals supported by ArtsPool
Understanding corporate policies
Fiscal control stopgaps: what NOT to do
Compliance Office Hours
Uploading and downloading an employee document in BeyondPay
The ArtsPool app
Getting started with tasks
Working with your task list
Searching for tasks
Commenting on a task
Adding a document to a task
Adding people to tasks
Member pages in the ArtsPool app
Tasks and privacy
Setting up a Google account
Google Drive tips and tricks
Syncing Google Drive files to your desktop
Exporting a Google Sheet to PDF
Getting started with Google Sheets
Migrating data between Google Apps accounts
Email like a champ with Gmail keyboard shortcuts
Submit tasks at lightning speed with email templates
Data security guide for members
Security on macOS
Data Security Policy
1Password account setup
1Password account management
Importing passwords into 1Password
Working with documents
Governance and other goodies
External partners and vendors
Selection of vendors, consultants, software, and tools
How to choose software
Terms of Service
What's changed: 2020 ArtsPool Service Agreement Update Summary
Dispute and Indemnity Summary
Annex A: Pricing and Billing
Annex B: Member Service Contact List
Annex C: Member Services List
Annex D: Onboarding Procedures
Annex G: Data Security Policy
Annex H: Limitations of Liability and Indemnification
Annex I: Dispute Resolution
Annex J: Improvement Process for Members not in Good Standing
Annex M: General Legal Provisions
Annex K: Termination Provisions
Annex L: Offboarding Procedures
Annex N: Defined Terms
Professional development resources
Table of Contents
Updated by Khalilah Smith
ArtsPool receives notices of any non-cash transactions through direct feeds from your bank, credit card, etc. directly into the accounting system.
There are a few key components required for ArtsPool to reconcile your bank or credit card transactions:
- Documentation of the expense, such as a receipt or invoice.
- The Account Code (what the expense is, e.g. Travel or Catering & Hospitality).
- The Program that the expense is tracked to in the budget (what the expense is for).
- In some cases, the Activity, depending on how granular your budgeting is.
Methods of receipt submission
There are three ways to submit receipts to ArtsPool:
- You can proactively provide receipts by creating a task in the ArtsPool app, choosing bookkeeping as the Category for this task, including coding, and uploading a scanned PDF or photo of the receipt to the Documents tab. For more a more detailed guide to submitting a task see Suggested Titles, Descriptions, and Content for App Tasks. As this article mentions, please be sure to use a clear title (Ex: Receipt Submission - Vendor Name & Date) and in the body of the task, include the account coding and program tracking.
- You can proactively send in receipts by sending an email with a scanned PDF or photo of the receipt to [handle]@members.artspool.co* right after you make a purchase.
- Or wait for Artspool to send a request through the ArtsPool's app for documentation and coding after the transaction has cleared the bank account. However depending on the bank, it may take several days to process, which means you must remember to retain receipts until you are notified. See Responding to a documentation request below for details on how to submit a document when we request one from you.
Responding to a documentation request
If your Financial Operations Lead has not received a receipt from you for a transaction when they see it appear in the bank ledger, they will send you a documentation request through the ArtsPool app. When you receive a documentation request, there are two ways to respond: submit the document via email or upload the document to the task.
Submitting a document via email
When your Financial Operations Lead sends you a documentation request you will receive an email notification. Simply reply to the notification with your document attached and it will automatically attach it to the task and close the documentation request.
Uploading a document to the task
You can also resolve a documentation request directly on the task itself. To do this:
- Click the Resolve link in the email notification of the documentation request. Alternatively, just log into the app at app.artspool.co and you will land on your list of open requests by default (if any are open).
- Click the Action menu next to the request, then click Resolve.
- Drag and drop one or more files from your computer, paste files from your clipboard, or click the browse link to open the file picker. There is also a webcam option, which is handy if you are creating a task from your phone and want to take a picture of a document with your phone's camera .
- Click the Upload button.
Once you submit the document, the request will be closed and no open requests will be displayed on the requests tab of the task. Your document will appear on the Documents tab of the task.
A history of the documentation request and the submission of the receipt appears on the Activity tab of the task.
Please check with your auditor on how long you should retain your physical receipts before throwing them away. We keep the digital copy in both the ArtsPool app and in the accounting system, but auditor preferences vary on how long paper copies should be retained.